This S9 design is so sleek and user-friendly that it is miles ahead of it's competition. In addition to this, it offers several functional advancements to go along with this sleek design. ResMed's new Climate Control incorporates a heated breathing tube with the H5i Humidifier's ability to automatically adjust for the ambient temperature and humidity of the environment to enhance comfort and greatly reduce the likelihood of rainout. The S9's Easy-Breathe motor technology virtually eliminates noise from the airflow of the machine, resulting in a virtually silent airflow that will have you checking to make sure the machine is turned on. Lastly, the user interface has the ability to display an array of useful daily feedback numbers to the user, such as hours of usage, Apnea-Hypopnea Index (AHI), and leakage rates, which makes it easy for the user to monitor their own therapy.
Features & Benefits
Sleek, User-Friendly Design
Market research has shown that patients do not like the medical look of standard sleep apnea devices. With its sleek contours and compact size, the S9 looks more like an MP3 player or clock radio than a BiLevel device. Along with the sleek lines, the S9 offers novel user-friendly controls and a large, color display, which makes adjusting the settings easier than ever.
An intuitive interface makes it a breeze to adjust settings and customize levels:
- Turn push dial until the parameter you require is displayed in blue.
- Press push dial. The selection is highlighted in orange.
- Turn push dial until you see the setting that you require.
- Press push dial to confirm your choice.
For even more comfort, ResMed has developed EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief), a technology that senses an exhalation and smoothly drops the pressure slightly to make exhaling more comfortable. This slight pressure drop continues for the duration of the exhale cycle, smoothly rising back to the set pressure when the exhalation cycle has concluded. With a choice of three different EPR comfort levels, the S9 VPAP with Easy-Breathe technology allows customized comfort for breathing that feels natural.
Exceptional Quietness with enhanced Easy-Breathe Motor
ResMed has always been known for making quiet air-flow generators, and the latest generation of machines with their patented Easy-Breathe Motor technology have resulted in radiated noise levels (the sound in the room) of 24 dBA*, which is no louder than normal breathing. Plus, conducted noise levels (the noise through the tube) have been further reduced by 78%! The result ™ a peaceful night™s sleep, for both the patient and others in the room.
New H5i Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
The H5i heated humidifier delivers market-leading performance. Designed to seamlessly integrate with the S9, the H5i offers relief from dryness and congestion. The Climate Control system employed by the H5i provides protection from rainout (condensation in the mask and breathing tube) and ensures maximum comfort. Climate Control uses an intelligent algorithm that controls the H5i and the ClimateLine™ tube to deliver constant, comfortable temperature and humidity levels during therapy.
While you are sleeping, Climate Control automatically controls:
- Temperature of the delivered air: The temperature sensor located at the mask end of the ClimateLine™ tube monitors the temperature of the air delivered to the patient.
- Humidity level: For each temperature setting, the Climate Control system delivers a constant amount of water vapor, or absolute humidity.
- Rainout: The humidifier and heated tube work in harmony to deliver air at a constant level of humidity and temperature ™ even as the ambient and treatment conditions change.
- Because the system measures temperature at the mask, the temperature you feel will remain at your preferred setting, regardless of changes in ambient temperature or humidity.
S9™s exclusive ClimateLine™ heated tube
The ClimateLine heated tube is the key technology in the Climate Control system. It includes a sensitive heating circuit, which is automatically controlled by the Climate Control algorithm to deliver a constant comfortable temperature at the mask. Located at the mask end of the tube, a sensor measures the temperature of the air leaving the tube. Unique to ResMed, this feature offers complete temperature and comfort control.
With traditional humidification systems, as the temperature in the room drops, so does the temperature of the air inside the tube. At lower temperatures, the amount of water vapor that can be held by the air decreases, and condensation (rainout) can form in the tube. The ClimateLine™ tube maintains the temperature of the air delivered to the patient. This ensures that rainout is avoided even if the temperature in the room drops during the night. By keeping the air temperature in the tube constant, the Climate Control system can automatically adjust to changes in ambient conditions to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level. Rainout is avoided without needing to reduce the humidity delivered.
Offered with or without the heating circuit, the ClimateLine™ heated tube offers increased flexibility, more sleeping comfort and less mask drag.
The S9 SD card stores:
- 365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
- 30 days of detailed data (graphs)
- 7 days of high resolution flow data
Modes of Operation: CPAP, CPAP w/EPR, Bilevel, Bilevel w/EPR
Pressure 4 to 20 cm H2O
- Ramp Time 0 to 45 min. (5-min. increments)
- Starting Ramp Pressure 4 up to pressure setting; user adjustable
- Dimensions (with Hum) 11.25™ L x 6.5™ W x 4™ H
- Dimensions in Travel Case 14™ L x 12™ W x 5™ H
- Weight (with Hum) 3.4 lbs
- Weight (in Case w/ hum, tubing, etc.) 6.14 lbs
- Filters Disposable Pollen or Hypoallergenic
- Sound Level 24 dBa
- Device Set-Up LCD/Push Dial
- Data Storage Capacity 365 days summary data (up to 500 events per session.)
- Data Storage Content SD Card: 365 days summary data and 30 Days and 7 nights detailed data
- Electrical Requirements 100 ™ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Humidification Integrated Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
- DC Power Use ResMed DC Power Converter cord only (sold separately), 12 VDC
- Warranty 2 Year Manufacturer
Special User Features Auto on/off, mask off alert
What's in the Box: