** Note - we are frequently asked what the difference is between the ResMed S8 Elite II and the S8 Escape II models. They are essentially identical machines, except that the Elite II records detailed data pertaining to the patient's breathing patterns, pressures and leakage rates, whereas the Escape only records usage and compliance data. Both machines now offer EPR, which offers some "softening" of the pressure when the patient begins to exhale.
ResMed has made some key design changes to their already excellent S8 platform of CPAP machines to make them even better.
First, they developed a unique low-inertia, dual-stage motor that rotates at much lower speeds than motors in traditional CPAP devices. Being dual-stage allows it to perform more efficiently at the lower speeds, resulting in exceptionally low noise levels of 26 dB. This revolutionary motor is also encapsulated in a protective silicon envelope that partially inflates with air and further isolates the unit from shock and vibration. ResMed wraps it up in a durable thermoplastic housing for additional protection and sound-deadening. This produces a machine that is noticeably quieter than its competitors.
Features & Benefits
- Small, lightweight system
- New whisper-quiet operation is 75% quieter than before
- New Easy-Breathe technology ™ ResMed™s revolutionary new therapy system
- New and improved EPR™ with Easy-Breathe technology for enhanced patient breathing comfort - offers pressure relief delivered in a smooth waveform that mimics patient breathing, with a choice of three different EPR™ comfort levels
- Personal Assistant
- Customizable reminders for accessory replacements and provider callbacks
- Automatic data back-up
- LCD communication during interaction
- ResScan Data Card
- Daily compliance downloads with AutoScan software
- Treatment changes
- Personal Assistant reminders
- Pressure ramp (0-45 min)
- 12/24V DC power input
- Automatic power adjustment (100V-240V)
- Manual altitude adjustment
- Large LCD screen
Operating pressure range: 4 to 20 cm H2O
Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.6™ x 6.5™ x 5.7™ (112 mm x 164 mm x 145 mm)
Weight: 2.9lb (1.3 kg)
- 100™240V, 50/60Hz; 110V, 400Hz; 2.5A
- Refer to the DC-12 converter instructions for DC ratings. Only use the ResMed DC-12 converter for DC input.
Actual power consumption will vary depending on factors such as the use of accessories, height above sea level, and ambient temperature. Power consumption values for typical treatment conditions (using a breathing machine set to 0.5 L and 15 breaths/min with 2 m (6™ 6™) air tubing and an Ultra MirageTM mask) are given in the following table.
|Device ||Pressure (cm H2O) ||Power (VA) ||Power (W)|
| ||5 ||17 ||8|
| ||10 ||23 ||12|
| ||15 ||29 ||16|
| ||20 ||34 ||20|
Power outlet for Accessory
Note: Accessory currently not available.
Outlet range: 100™240V, 50/60Hz; 110V, 400Hz; 2.0A
Air Filter: Two-layered, powder-bonded, polyester non-woven fiber
Air Tubing: Flexible plastic, 2 m (6™ 6™)
IEC 60601-1 Classifications: Class II (double insulation), Type CF
Dimensions (L x W x D): 2.56™ x 0.87™ x 0.03™ (65.04 mm x 22.15 mm x 0.85 mm)
Data Card Module
Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.95™ x 1.66™ x 0.47™ (49.7 mm x 42.2 mm x 12 mm)
All Devices (Where Applicable)
Housing Construction: Flame retardant engineering thermoplastic
Operating Temperature: +41øF to +104øF (+5øC to +40øC)
Operating Humidity: 10%™95% non-condensing
Storage and Transport Temperature: -4øF to +140øF (-20øC to +60øC)
Storage and Transport Humidity: 10%™95% non-condensing
Operating Altitude: sea level to 8500™ (2591 m)
Product complies with all applicable electromagnetic compatibility requirements (EMC) according to IEC60601-1-2, for residential, commercial, and light industry environments.