Compact without compromise
The S8 AutoSet II is the premium automatic positive airway pressure (APAP) model in ResMed's S8TM series. The AutoSet II tailors therapy to a patient's individual needs on a breath-by-breath basis, even as pressure requirements change. Featuring optional fully integrated humidification and remote data downloading capabilities, the AutoSet is a compact, all-in-one system, ideal for travel or the home.
Features & Benefits
- Choice of fixed CPAP, CPAP with EPR, AutoSet or AutoSet with EPR mode
- New whisper-quiet operation is 75% quieter than before
- New Easy-Breathe technology ™ ResMed™s revolutionary new therapy system
- New and improved EPR™ with Easy-Breathe technology for enhanced patient breathing comfort
- Usage-based compliance download for accurate patient monitoring
- Data card ™ a standard feature included for easy two-way data transfer
- Greater comfort than standard CPAPs
- Optional integrated humidification
- Comprehensive efficacy and compliance data
- Flexible patient management options
- Smart Data for therapy feedback
- Automatic altitude adjustment
- Breath by breath compliance
- Compact, robust design is portable and easy to use
- Inbuilt power supply and auto mains switching or DC input are ideal for travel
- 12V or 24V DC input via ResMed's DC-12 converter.
- Ramp and settling options enhance comfort and help improve compliance
The amount of pressure required for effective CPAP therapy varies according to sleep stage, sleep position, and other factors. Insufficient pressure results in ineffective therapy while too much pressure can lead to discomfort, non-compliance, and pressure-related side effects.
ResMed™s AutoSet II is an automatic titration system for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). AutoSet devices adjust pressure on a breath-by-breath basis to suit patient needs as they vary throughout the night. As a result, the patient receives the minimum pressure required for effective therapy. The lower pressures may improve patient comfort, reduce pressure-related side effects, and lead to increased patient compliance.
Setting a new industry standard in quiet therapy and comfort, ResMed™s new sophisticated motor design delivers superior performance at a lower effort while cutting device noise significantly. By reducing noise, Easy-Breathe technology enables patients and their bed partners to sleep peacefully through the night.
Easy-Breathe technology combines new software, a quieter motor and improved EPR for maximum comfort and a quiet night™s sleep. With Easy-Breathe technology, EPR is integrated with AutoSet technology for pressure relief that continually adjusts to patients™ pressure needs, breath by breath.
Pressure relief for more natural breathing
Featuring ResMed™s improved EPR with Easy-Breathe technology, the S8 AutoSet II offers pressure relief delivered in a smooth waveform that mimics patient breathing. With a choice of three different EPR comfort levels, the S8 AutoSet II with Easy-Breathe technology allows customized comfort for breathing that feels natural.
How does EPR work™
When the patient exhales, the S8 flow generator detects the beginning of exhalation and reduces motor speed to drop pressure. The patient or clinician chooses one of three comfort levels to determine the degree by which pressure will drop:
Setting 1 - mild comfort (1 cm H2O)
Setting 2 - medium comfort (2 cm H2O)
Setting 3 - maximum comfort (3 cm H2O)