The AirSense 10 Elite CPAP is ResMed's premium continuous pressure CPAP device, and is the logical successor to their highly successful S9 line of CPAP machines. In fact, the S9 was so advanced and well-liked that it was hard to imagine that ResMed could improve on that design, but after looking at the new "A10" in depth, we think it is safe to say that they have succeeded.
Featuring a sleek new design that easily blends in with your bedroom's decor, the AirSense immediately gives you a better bedside view of the color LCD display by placing it at an angle rather than flat as with the S9 series. The AirSense also offers built-in heated humidification with ResMed's tried-and-true HumidAire heated humidification system in a package that is nearly 25% lighter than the previous model. As with the S9 platform, you also have the option of the standard SlimLine breathing tube, or the ClimateLine heated breathing tube to maximize effectiveness of the humidifier without the annoyance of rainout. The AirSense shares the S9's whisper-quiet operation with the same highly refined Easy-Breathe motor to power the machine, which means no more restless nights trying to hide the din of a noisy CPAP machine.
The AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 devices have been designed to make therapy easy. With no complicated settings or menus to navigate, simply press Start and you™re ready to go. The new AutoRamp™ feature with sleep onset detection helps make therapy comfortable from the moment you turn on your device. AutoRamp works by delivering a low pressure to help you fall asleep with ease. Once it detects you™re asleep, it comfortably increases the pressure to ensure your prescribed level is delivered the moment you need it. No need to hit the ramp button multiple times when trying to fall asleep. If preferred, the machine can be set with a traditional ramp setting, or this feature can be disabled altogether.
Every device has an ambient light sensor that adjusts the brightness of the screen based on the amount of light in the room. So if you get up during the night and need to pause your therapy, the screen will stay dim so it doesn™t disrupt your partner. The screen™s back light also turns off automatically to help you fall back to sleep without disturbance.
- Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR) softens the airflow on exhale and smooths out the pressure cycle to make breathing with the machine feel more natural. There are three different EPR setting levels, or it can be turned off.
- AutoRamp starts machine at lower, more comfortable pressure, and gradually ramps up to prescribed pressure when CPAP senses that you are asleep.
- User-friendly controls, intuitive interface and color LCD screen make it simple to navigate menus and customize comfort settings.
- SmartStart™ function allows you to begin therapy as soon as you breathe into your mask. When you remove your mask, it stops automatically after a few seconds.
- HumidAir™ heated humidifier is built-in so you can enjoy the benefits of humidification in one easy-to-use system. If you want to travel light with no humidifier chamber, you can purchase the optional AirSense Side Cover and snap it in place of the chamber.
- Optional ClimateLineAir™ heated tube ensures effective delivery of humidified air without rainout.
- Ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen based on the amount of light in the room.
- Super quiet Easy-Breathe motor ensures a peaceful night's sleep without the incessant whine of a noisy CPAP machine.
- MyAir™ online patient support program provides helpful information and support during every stage of your treatment journey. By giving you access to your therapy data, it lets you continually track your progress and see how well you™re doing.
- Weight - CPAP only - 2.24 lbs; CPAP with Hum Chbr - 2.7 lbs
- Weight - CPAP in case with acc: 5.56 lb
- Dimensions - CPAP with Hum Chamber: 10.0" L x 4.5"W x 5.9"H
- Dimensions - CPAP with side plate: 8.1"L x 4.5"W x 5.9"H
- Dimensions - Travel Bag: 13.2"L x 10.0"W x 5.0"H
- Humidifier Chamber Capacity: 380 mL
- Operating Pressure: 4 - 20 cm H2O
- Sound Level: 26 dBA
- Peak Power Consumption: 104W
- AC Input Range - 90W Power Supply: 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 1.0-1.5A, Class II
- DC Output - 90 W Power Supply: 24V --- 3.75A
- Warranty: 2 Years through manufacturer
What's in the Box:
- ResMed AirSense 10 Elite CPAP Machine
- Built-in HumidAire heated humidifier
- Standard humidifier water chamber
- ResMed Slimline 15mm breathing tube (3M length)
- AC Power Supply and cord
- Canvas travel bag
- Standard inlet filter (installed in machine)
- SD data card (installed in machine)
- Patient user's manual